Could DNA markers be blocking your response to treatment? Would you like to know about new treatment options for chronic pain that can accelerate healing?
Many patients with chronic foot pain conditions are responding well to new Stem Cell Therapy procedures that speed up the body's own natural process to regenerate and heal damage to joints, bone, skin, tendon or ligaments. This same treatment could work for you.
Uncontrolled, chronic foot or ankle pain, tendon and joint injuries, wounds that won't heal. Your surgery has failed or, surgery isn't an option.
Conditions Benefiting Include:
- Non-healing Fractures of the Foot and Ankle,
- Tendinitis (tendon inflammation)
- Achilles Tendon Tear
- Plantar Fasciitis (arch or bottom of foot pain)
- Extensor Tendinitis (top of foot pain)
- Metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain)
- Big Toe or Toe Pain
- Heel Pain
- Soft Tissue Trauma
- Arthritic Joints of the Foot and Ankle
- Diabetic Wounds
- Charcot Neuroarthropathy
Regenerative Medicine Treatment
Regenerative Medicine is the science of using living cells to regenerate or facilitate the repair of cells damaged by disease, genetics, injury or aging by stimulating the body's own repair mechanisms. Treatment includes reconstructive surgical procedures that
- reduce scar tissue formation, inflammation and support soft tissue regeneration through use of human amniotic membrane allografts containing collagen types and essential growth factors,
- rebuild damage to joint surface cartilage and/or underlying bone with bioactive bone graft products and tissue allografts including structural/particulate bone.
Convenient in-office Regenerative Medicine procedures offer a successful non-surgical alternative, have a high rate of effective pain relief and result in little to no discomfort in the majority of patients when performed by a qualified Foot and Ankle Surgeon. These treatment options include procedures that can,
- restore devitalized bone or lost cartilage using fluoroscopy guided amniotic fluid allograft joint injections,
- restore soft tissues like the skin, tendons and ligaments with ultrasound guided soft tissue amniotic fluid allograft injections,
- promote accelerated wound healing with application of amniotic allograft wound dressings.
Regardless of the technique used, once placed into the body Regenerative Medicine stem cells are able to recruit your body's own stem cells and growth factors to promote healing.
Right Drug, Right Patient, Right Dose
Effective medication and prescribed dosing treatment for most patients may be ineffective or cause serious side effects for another patient with the same complaint or diagnosis. DNA based variations in genes that code for drug-metabolizing enzymes, drug transporters or drug targets will effect your response to medication and dosing.
Pharmacogenomic Testing PGx is a painless process completed in our office by collecting a tissue sample swabbed from inside your cheek. Your sample is then sent to the genomic lab. Results decipher your genome and evaluate your ability to metabolize or process drugs. Our doctors then tailor treatment according to your unique metabolism and predict
- which drug will best treat your pain, your infection (or both),
- the effective dose and,
- potential for toxicity.
Our approach can
- save time and money,
- reduce adverse side effects,
- avoid harmful prescription medication addiction,
- avoid potentially harmful trial and error process by,
- closely predicting the course of treatment that can be effective and safe.
Texas Foot Surgeons
- We are experienced in this field of medicine,
- We use Precision Medicine for chronic conditions and adhere to a strict treatment protocol to determine targeted treatment plans,
- We are meticulous with documenting evidence requirements necessary for positive coverage determination and precertification when covered by insurance policy (financial assistance is available for qualified individuals if needed),
- Regenerative Medicine products used by Texas Foot Surgeons are made from placenta and umbilical cord stem cells donated by living mothers who have delivered a healthy, live birth through planned cesarean section. Meticulous regulations regarding full informed consent of the donor, rigorous testing and screening processes under FDA and the American Association of Tissue Banks are met.